Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Potty! Potty! Molly went potty!

Molly went potty on the 'potty' tonight!! I can hardly believe it. After months of 'potty-talk' and her books and films she went on the potty. We haven't been pushing the issue, but she was interested so we went with it. She sees us go, but hasn't been interested in sitting on her potty with anything less than fully clothed. She loves her video and the Everyone Poops book from Aunti Me but I wasn't sure (or too concerned) when she would actually go. I figured we were in for many trials and errors and probably some coercing (although I haven't ruled this out). Then tonight, she said she wanted privacy and went into the bathroom. Didn't think anything of it...until she called us in to see her work. Too cool.

Of course, as I write this blog, I realize that I am actually one of those moms who is totally thrilled with the potty-in-the-potty situation! How, when, did that happen? Oh...right now I just don't care. My daughter went potty in the potty!

1 comment:

Jay Jay - Adam - Ella said...

Embrace it! Motherhood as much about raising a strong chick as the little moments - potty power,getting her to bed without a fight, eating peas...