Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Santa Visit

I've been dreading the Santa-at-the-mall visit since Molly was born. I've successfully avoided it because of my stellar neighborhood that has a direct line to Santa who then visits us on the block each winter. But this year, it looks like Santa might not be able to make it to Harkness Street for photo opp's. So this morning, Molly picked out her Christmas outfit, complete with reindeer headband and we headed downtown. I had heard that there were fewer crowds, and thus less wait. I looked up the location, the photo package options, and the time and we had a plan. But when we arrived not only were there no lines, there was no Santa. I double checked my phone, and the rather large posting on the wall next to where Santa was scheduled to be. All correct. Looks like Santa is a no show. But just when Molly was getting discouraged, guess who came around the corner? It was old (actually pretty young) St. Nick. He gave Molly a big hug and offered to take photos. And then he was off. I have no idea what the plan is for the mall but we came home pretty happy and with a pretty cute photo.


No comments: